Question:
SanFernandoValley Vegetarians!?
Joze
2006-12-18 19:43:46 UTC
Okay well I've been a Vegetarian for about half a yr now and i love making my own food and eating at home, but lately my friends, family, and i go out a lot but when we get hungry they all ask me where we should go Since i can't just go anywhere, but i always come up with a blank.

Well if u live in the SanFernando Valley, and are veggie or just know of places with veggie substitutes or dishes tell me pleeze. Or maybe a fastfood place with vegggie options.. thnx if u answer =D
Seven answers:
EncinoMom
2006-12-19 10:45:43 UTC
Hello. I started on Oct. 1, 2006 as a 9-day cleanse and thought I would die without meat. I've found that not only can I live without it, I am feeling better. Here are my favorites:

1) My favorite, above all others---Must try EVERY dish!!! Start with Kung Pao Veggie Shrimp and Veggie Orange Chicken, try their Veggie Drumsticks appetizer....amazing.

Garden Wok, 6117 Reseda Blvd, Tarzana, CA 91335 (818) 881-8886. They have veggie shrimp (tastes like the real thing), chicken, beef, fish, ham, bbq pork, and calamari......all vegan!!! Lunch is best, only $5.50 per combo, so u can try everything on the menu.

2) Leonor's Mexican Vegetarian, three locations, Studio City on Moorpark/Whitsett, NoHo on Laurel Cyn/Magnolia, and another in NoHo on Victory. Must have the Bolivian Meat(less) Balls, the Soy "Chicken" and "Egg" Salad, plus personalized pizzas, and of course traditional Mexican fare. They are awesome.

12445 Moorpark Street, Studio City, CA 91604

Phone: 818-762-0660

Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily AND

5217 Laurel Canyon Blvd., Valley Village, CA 91607

Phone: 818-769-6315

Hours: 10:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily

3) Follow Your Heart (Vegetarian and Vegan)

Health store with a cafe that is totally vegetarian with many vegan options and generous portions. Every day their menu features 5 soups, all excellent. Daily specials an excellent choice. We love their Nutburger, the Zorro Burrito, and their creative selection of salad dressings.

21825 Sherman Way, Canoga Park, CA 91303

Phone: 818-348-3240

Hours: Breakfast Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m.to 11:30 a.m.

Saturday and Sunday brunch 8:00 a.m to 3:00 p.m.

Lunch and dinner daily 10:30 a.m.to 9:00 p.m.

Website: http://www.followyourheart.com

4) Woodlands (Vegetarian and Vegan)

The only restaurant in the San Fernando Valley that specializes in pure vegetarian South Indian cuisine. Dosas, the longest crepes you'll ever encounter, are made from rice and lentils that are stuffed and rolled. Savory Uthappam pancakes studded with various seasonings are a must. Foods are rather spicy, but you can specify mild seasonings.

9840 Topanga Canyon Blvd., Chatsworth, CA 91311

Phone: 818-998-3031

FAX: 818-718-2689

5)Vegetable Delight (Vegan)

Chinese vegan dining with many pseudo meat, fish and chicken dishes. Those who appreciate fresh basil will enjoy the Eggplant with Basil. The Broccoli Veggie Chicken had slices of deliciolus, tender, homemade seitan.

17823 Chatsworth Street, Granada Hills, CA 91344

Phone: 818-360-3997

6) Cafe Graikos (Vegetarian and Vegan Friendly)

Greek and vegetarian cuisine with 28 different items for vegetarians to enjoy. Not exclusively a vegetarian restaurant, but half the menu is devoted to tasty Greek dishes that happen to be vegetarian. Their Lentil Soup is so tasty it always leaves us craving more. We especially enjoy the Vegetarian Combo Platter that features their Lentil Pilaf, Stuffed Grape Leaves, and Stuffed Eggplant.

19346 Rinaldi St., Northridge, CA 91326

Phone: 818-831-1187

7) LOVE THIS ONE!!!! THIS IS A DRIVE-THRU!!!!!

VEGETARIAN EXPRESS

Orean, The Health Express (Vegetarian and Vegan)

A vegetarian fast food take-out that holds it own nestled among an array of fast food joints within a two-block area on Lake Avenue. Soy is popular here as a filling for their many tasty burgers, burritos, pizzas, chili dogs, and tacos, and they use crisp and fresh clover sprouts in their sandwiches. There are four tables outdoors for your quick meal that can be topped off with one of their popular shakes. They even serve a breakfast burrito to start your day. Vegans will want to pass on the soy cheese that contains casein.

817 N. Lake Ave., Pasadena, CA 91104

Phone: 626-794-0861

Hours: Open 7 days 9:00 a.m. to 9:00 p.m.

Web site: http://www.oreanshealthexpress.com

9) Indian restaurants are always a good source. Especially at lunch buffet, because you can sample many dishes at one time.

10) Most Chinese restaurants will cook veggie and tofu dishes, and some even serve brown rice.

11) Forgot this one....good too, but more pricey than Garden Wok: Vegan Plate (Vegan)

A comfortable, all-vegan café specializing in tasty Thai dishes like P.E.T. (pumpkin, eggplant, and tofu in garlic sauce), and Chu Chee, a veggie shrimp creation bathed in a coconut sauce and laced with kaffir lime leaves. Thai dishes served with an exceptional, nutty flavored brown rice. The menu also offers wraps and burgers made with homemade wheat meat. Valet parking in strip mall lot or park on side streets.

11943 Ventura Blvd., Studio City, CA 91604

Phone: 818-506-9015

FAX: 818-506-9016

Hours: Daily from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m.
jodneko
2006-12-19 00:29:56 UTC
I live San Fernando Valley-adjacent, and spend a lot of time there, so I feel qualified to answer. There are quite a few actual vegetarian restaurants around the Valley.

Out of these vegetarian restaurants, the only ones I have not yet tried are Leaf and Madeleine Bistro.

Vegan Express (Thai/Chinese)

3217 Cahuenga Bl. West

Los Angeles (at Barham, near Universal City)

Leonor's Mexican Restaurant

12445 Moorpark, Studio City

Leaf Cuisine

14318 Ventura Bl, Sherman Oaks

Garden Wok

6117 Reseda Bl, Tarzana

Madeleine Bistro

18621 Ventura Bl, Tarzana

Follow Your Heart

21825 Sherman Way (at Topanga Canyon Bl), Canoga Park

Excellent food, and worth eating at despite service with an occasional bad attitude.

Woodlands (South Indian)

9840 Topanga Canyon Bl, Chatsworth

Vegetable Delight (veggie Chinese)

17823 Chatsworth (btwn Zelzah and White Oak), Granada Hills

Leonor's Mexican Restaurant

11403 Victory Blvd (at Tujunga Ave), North Hollywood

There are some vegetarian-friendly restaurants you can take your friends to if they won't try a vegetarian restaurant. Try Sharky's, Baja Fresh or Subway.

Despite what someone else said, you can't "just go to any friggen restraunt[sp]" and have a veggie burger. Seriously, how can a salad and dessert be considered a complete meal?
Carole
2016-05-23 10:10:43 UTC
Vegetarian
Dolores G. Llamas
2006-12-18 19:50:44 UTC
Tufaan Indian Restaurant

4523 N Sepulveda Bl (1-1/2 blks south of Ventura Bl)

Sherman Oaks 91403

818-986-8555
cihuatl
2006-12-19 08:40:40 UTC
Vegetable Delight (Chinese Food)

17823 Chatsworth St.

Granada Hills, CA. 91344

818-360-3997

*This has to be the best vegetarian/vegan restaurant I've been to. Anything you choose on their menu is delicious. Especially the wonton soup, dumplings, veggie lamb, fish with bean sauce, kung pao shrimp, vegetable curry, sweet pungent shrimp. I could go on and on. I guarantee you will love this place. I give it 10 stars if I could.
barely40lookingatmy80s
2006-12-18 19:57:06 UTC
heck with going out -you can make strata-veg.-or not-quiche-pasta with cheese and black beans-'veggie bouquets"-i did them for amy grant -yrs. ago-she went crazy(good crazy) over them-puff pastry rolled out with any cream cz.-veggie filling you want -add meat for your non-veggir ppl. if you want -and sssssssssssssssoooooooooooooooo much more-good luck and merry christmas to you and yours
andrew
2006-12-18 19:48:44 UTC
pfttt just go to any friggen restraunt most resturants have vegetarian foods like salad :O ummm o w8 ok deserts :) umm and veggi burger :O